Our new QSXP Series is a QFN Style Solder-Down Computer On Module. The module with a small square size of 29mm and a height of 2.6mm is single-sided assembled. Its QFN type lead style has a 1mm pitch with 108 pads. The ground pad additionally acts as thermal pad.
Machine learning, vision, advanced multimedia and industrial IoT applications
- QSX is a QS module that has been enlarged by 1mm all around.
- The size is hereby increased from 27mm square to 29mm square.
- In each corner this gives additional space for a total of 8 further pads which are used for PCIe and USB3.
- The inner 27mm x 27mm QS area remains identical providing full compatibility.
Linux is pre-installed and ready for application development. Other features include:
- QS module: QSXP/ML8C/2GS/4GF/E85
- Gb Ethernet
- MIPI Display Connector
- Two MIPI Camera Connectors
- M.2 PCIe socket
- 6-layer PCB
Part number: QSXP-SV01
The QS module family has very compact dimensions. They include a complete embedded System on Module with processor, PMIC, RAM and flash memory.
Because of the very dense packaging on the top side, there are no components on the bottom side of the module, cut-outs on the base board are not required. The pin compatible family concept provides all important interfaces needed for embedded designs, e.g. USB, Gigabit-Ethernet, display and many serial interfaces.
All signal connections are located at the module edges, allowing easy optical inspection during production. The modules can be assembled by automatic pick & place machines without any mechanical assembly work necessary.
The pin-optimized QS concept enables the use of a simple, cost-effective 2-layer base board.
A development kit with schematics and bill of materials is available to support a quick evaluation and project start.
Embedded computing power is very much in demand in a growing number of multimedia-centric devices. The Ka-Ro QS8M is ideally suited for target markets requiring high-end devices for powerful images and impressive video streaming creating connected devices in the following vertical markets.
- Medical technology
- Industrial control
- Digital signage
The i.MX 8M Plus family focuses on machine learning and vision, advanced multimedia, and industrial IoT with high reliability. It is built to meet the needs of Smart Home, Building, City and Industry 4.0 applications.
- Powerful quad or dual Arm® Cortex®-A53 processor with a Neural Processing Unit (NPU) operating at up to 2.3 TOPS.
- Dual Image Signal Processors and two camera inputs for an effective Vision System.
- The multimedia capabilities include video encode (including h.265) and decode, 3D/2D graphic acceleration, and multiple audio and voice functionalities.
- Real-time control with Cortex-M7. Robust control networks supported by dual CAN FD and dual Gigabit Ethernet with Time Sensitive Networking (TSN).
For more information regarding i.MX 8 processors, see the NXP product page:
- Gb Ethernet (RGMII)
- S/PDIF TX & RX
- 1x USB2.0, 1x USB3.0
- 4x UART
- 5x I²C
- 4x PWM
- 3x SPI
- 2x CAN
- 2x MIPI CSI (4-lane) camera interface
- 1x MIPI DSI (4-lane) display interface
- Up to 58 x 3.3V General Purpose I/O